Slaughter's Dana Strum
Believe it or not, a Sludgeaholic emailed Dana Strum and asked him if he'd do a 20 Questions interview with us. Dana responded and said to send him the questions and he'd look over them to see if he'd answer. Can you imagine Dana Strum doing a Metal Sludge interview? That's equal to Saddam Hussien having lunch with President Clinton. So we sent his ass 22 Questions instead of the typical 20, because we couldn't narrow it down to just 20. Here are the questions that we sent Dana on February 13th, 1999, and you'll see why he doesn't have the nuts in his ball bag to answer them!
1. What is Slaughter currently up to and what are you plans for this year? (This is your one and only opportunity to plug websites, hotlines, tours, albums, etc.)
2. How do you feel about Gerri Miller leaving Metal Edge and Paul Gargano taking over?
3. Give us an example of how big a dick Vinnie Vencent is by telling the class your favorite Vinnie Vencent story:
4. If your road crew quit in the middle of a tour, would Blas know how to set up his own drum kit?
5. A lot of Slaughter fans have been supposedly ripped off by the fan club. What’s the status of the Slaughter fan club and that fat chick that runs it?
6. If you could be a tampon for any celebrity, who would you choose?
7. Do you realize that when you’re playing on stage and you go grab that microphone and hold it over the crowd, that it isn’t plugged in?
8. If you went to a rock show and saw a band selling 8
x 10s that weren’t even real glossy 8 x 10s, but copies of 8 x 10s, and they
were selling them for $8, which of the following would you think:
A. That’s horrible, that band is ripping off their fans!
B. I wonder where the nearest Kinkos is so my band can do that!
C. I want to manage these guys and take half their money!
9. Who/What is easier to manipulate, Blas Elias or a pile of Play-Doh?
10. You’ve been around the rock scene for a while, so what is some inside gossip that people don’t know (preferably about a band, and be sure to name names)
11. Two part questions: Why do the fans have to buy
merchandise to meet the band?
And what if somebody comes to your show but doesn’t have enough money to meet the band, will they still be able to meet the band and if they can, is that fair to the fans that forked out the cash to be able to meet you?
12. What band did you enjoy ripping off and ruining the most: Kik Tracee, Sister Whisky or Sweet Savage?
13. Rumor has it Slaughter once had fans pay for your tour bus rental and you would let them take turns riding city to city. Is this true?
14. Who fucks all the fat chicks in Slaughter, and we know that has to be more than enough to choose from?
15. Who’s the easiest for you to intimidate: Mark, Blas, or Jeff Blando?
16. If you were stranded on a deserted island, and to survive you had to kill one of these people so you could eat, who would you choose: Mark Slaughter, Gerri Miller, Jani Lane, Gene Simmons or one of your fattest fans?
17. Why didn’t Slaughter just record a real live album instead of remixing studio tracks and adding a crowd, which is basically what “Eternal Life” is?
18. How many porno movies have you produced or worked on?
19. Hypothetical Question: Let’s say a member of
Slaughter, like Blas, was offered a gig by one of the biggest country singers in
the world, someone like Shaina Twain. If the Slaughter member, like Blas, came
to you and said he wanted to take the gig offered by the country star, like
Shaina Twain, which of the following would you do:
A: Wish him the best of luck and hope he makes a ton of money.
B: Tell him he’d let down the fans but is free to make his own decision.
C: Manipulate him like putty, make him feel real guilty and convince him he’d be making a horrible decision.
20. When your performing on stage, have you ever thought to yourself, "Whose strangling a cat in this club?" and then realized somebody wasn't strangling a cat, but it was only Mark singing?
21. Besides Slaughter, what currently touring 80s bands should realize their best days are behind them and call it quits?
22. Will you be exploiting the deaths of any other bandmates in the future?
So those are the questions we sent Dana. If he ever answers them, we'll let you know, but so far he's MIA, and we seriously doubt he'll have the balls to answer any of them.