PUSSY LIST - MARILYN MANSON
Early in September 2004, we got word that Marilyn Manson was doing press for his “Lest We Forget: The Best Of” CD and DVD. Naturally, we immediately asked his publicist to hook us up, figuring that would be a great Halloween 20 Questions since we had plenty of time to orchestrate it. Manson’s publicist said he’d see what he could do.
Then on September 15, we got this e-mail:
"Can you send me those 20-questions for Manson ASAP? We've got a window of opportunity... I'll do my best to get it done."
Good enough for us! But we didn’t want to miss that narrow window, so we busted ass to get some questions together. Everyone on the staff dropped everything they were doing and contributed a few questions. We got them all together and were pretty happy with them, and sent them out within an hour of the request. That has to be a Metal Sludge first! Sometimes we sit on our interviews for months before we actually get them out, but this time we got our shit together since we didn’t want any fuck-ups on our end.
Well, we waited and hoped, but then on September 23, we got another e-mail from Manson’s publicist. This is what he said:
"Hate to have to say this, but we're not going to be able to do the interview with Manson. I tried my hardest, as did my label rep, but our efforts did not succeed."
Naturally we were bummed, especially since our questions weren’t *that* harsh. Plus we were worried about our special Halloween 20 Questions, but luckily King Diamond came along and saved the day.
These are the questions Brian “the dark one” Warner was too scared to answer.
1. What are you currently up to? Please get your plugs out of the way now so we can get down to business.
2. Glam metal had died out a few years before Marilyn Manson exploded onto the scene. Why do you think you blew up the way you did in the mid 90s? Were you filling a void left by the disappearance of glammy-sounding metal bands, or do you think it was something entirely different? We’d love to hear you thoughts on this, so please feel free to elaborate and expound on this topic all you’d like.
3. You've done some acting in various films over the years, such playing a porn star in “Lost Highway” and the role of ‘Christina’ in “Party Monster.” Rumor has it that you’ll also be playing the part of ‘Cain’ in a movie called “Abelcain,” to be directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky. Tell us more about that, and whatever happened to that remake of “Willy Wonka” that you wanted to do?
4. Rank the following singers on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being a no-talent ass clown, and 10 being a vocal god:
Axl Rose =
Scott Stapp =
Paul Stanley =
Dee Snider =
Rob Halford =
Kevin DuBrow =
Fred Durst =
Wednesday 13 =
Alice Cooper =
5. Several years ago, you paid Quiet Riot to reunite with their ‘Metal Health’-era lineup and play a private party you were throwing. Not long after that, they began touring heavily, and even recorded a new album with that same lineup. You are basically the one responsible for bringing Quiet Riot back together! Does it bum you out that they recently broke up (again), and do you have any plans to get any other 80s hair metal bands back together, like maybe Odin, Tora Tora, or Cats In Boots?
6. At a concert in Detroit back in July 2001, you were charged with criminal sexual conduct for grinding your "package" on a security guard’s head. Were you fully aroused when this happened? That’s really the only thing we want to know about that incident, but feel free to elaborate as much as you’d like.
7. Of the following, which do you prefer and why:
Hurricanes or earthquakes =
David Bowie or Iggy Pop =
Freaks & Geeks or The Wonder Years =
Satan on Fire or Mrs. Scabtree =
Tower Records in New York or the CD Exchange in Ft. Lauderdale =
The New Zoo Revue or H.R. Puffnstuff =
Al Jourgensen or Trent Reznor =
Slipknot or Mudvayne =
Arby’s or Long John Silver’s =
Poison or Warrant =
8 Alice Cooper has mentioned your name several times, e.g., on his ‘Brutal Planet’ live DVD, on VH1, etc. and, in so many words, said you stole his ‘thing.’ Does that at all concern you, or do you dismiss his claims as mere rantings from a creepy old guy with mascara and a golf club?
9. Conversely, how do you feel about bands like the Murderdolls using an image close to yours and having success with it? Does even thinking about that make you feel like you’re being ripped off?
10. What do you remember most about writing or recording the following songs:
Cake and Sodomy =
Get Your Gunn =
Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) =
The Dope Show =
Rock Is Dead =
Tainted Love =
Disposable Teens =
This Is The New Shit =
Personal Jesus =
11. For years we've heard the rumors that you had a few ribs removed so you could pleasure yourself orally. While we’re sure that’s not true, there’s no shame in trying to perform auto-fellatio. Shit, most of us have tried, and even a few of us can pull it off. Well, at least the tip. Anyway, how do you react to the allegations that *most* of the urban legends about you are ones you started yourself?
12. Yes or No, has Marilyn Manson ever:
Met Nikki Sixx =
Laughed at a homeless person =
Eaten at a McDonald’s and Burger King in the same day =
Visited that Marilyn Manson “haters” site at http://ubergoth.net/manson/ =
Been stalked by a fan =
Been mistaken for Edsel Dope =
Been electrocuted =
Vomited on stage =
Refused a fan’s request for an autograph =
Touched another man’s penis =
13. At one time or another, you’ve had almost every guitar player from Life, Sex & Death in your band (other than fellow 20 Questions victim Alex Kane), including Tim Tim (Tim Skold) and John 5 (John Lowery), who just happens to have been the first long term replacement for Alex Kane in Life Sex & Death. Coincidence or fact?
14. When Twiggy left the group, he was replaced by none other than Tim Tim, who was announced as a former member of KMFDM. Were you also aware of his past with Shotgun Messiah and Kingpin, or are you in a state of denial about Tim Tim being in a couple of glammed-out hair bands?
15. Don't you think ‘John 5’ sounds gay? It's just a gay-sounding name. Were you responsible for that? Or did he choose his own stage name?
16. Fuck, Kill, and Marry: Of the following people listed, which one would you want to fuck, which one would you kill, and with which one would you want to enter into holy matrimony?
Christina Aguilera, Hillary Clinton, Ginger Fish
17. What's your obsession with covering bland 80s pop bands? Did you feel that these songs could have new life breathed into them, or are you trying to relive your childhood roller-rink years? What’s next, a Manson-esque version of “Gold” by Spandau Ballet?
18. For a tax-free $1 million in unmarked bills, which of the following would you do (and you have to pick one):
a) Drink a quart of holy water that's
been strained through a nun's undergarments;
b) Kidnap and drug a prominent Archbishop, strip him, and photograph him in lascivious positions, then post the resulting pictures on your Web site for all to see;
c) Stop making those Marilyn Manson albums and join Crosby, Stills & Nash for their 50th Anniversary tour. We can see it now: Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Manson.
Which will it be?
19. The Last of Marilyn Manson:
Last book you read =
Last movie you saw in the theatre =
Last concert you watched from the audience =
Last script you read =
Last vintage lunchbox you acquired =
Last drug you took =
Last celebrity you had dinner with =
Last time you talked to Daisy Berkowitz =
Last time you lied about anything =
Last time you punched someone =
20. Time for Metal Sludge’s Word Association. We mention a name, and you give us your thoughts.
Twiggy Ramirez =
Chris Stann =
Heather Torien =
Michael Moore =
Matt Kramer =
Thomas Kloss =
Fred Durst =
Margaret Cho =
Trent Reznor =
Gene Simmons =