PUSSY LIST - GARY CHERONE
On March 14, 2003, we received the following email from our
contact at Spitfire Records.
Gary Cherone is ready, willing and able to do an interview with Metal Sludge. In fact, he can do it next week."
We responded by
asking if he wanted to do it by phone or by email. On March 25th, this email
was sent back to us, "Can you send me the 20 questions for Gary
Cherone/Tribe of Judah to do this interview piece by email? Seems like it
would be easier that way."
Ok, that was fine
with us. We racked out silly little brains for questions, sent them out, and
on June 11, 2003, we we got this email
back from our Spitfire contact:
"After all this time I am sorry to say Gary and his management passed on doing the 20 questions. I apologize for nagging you to get these to me and then have him say no when he originally said he'd do it."
Ahhh, and we came up with some damn fine questions too. Bastards.
Here's what Gary and his management wanted no part of.
1. What are you currently up to? This is your only chance to promote your stuff.
2. You performed in Jesus Christ Superstar. At the end of each performance, did you go take a respectful bow with the rest of the cast, or did you find it necessary to run around the stage giving the metal horns sign and high-fiving everyone in the audience's front row? Which action do you think a professional thespian would choose?
3. While recording Van Halen III, you
stayed in the guesthouse at 5150 Studios. What were the digs like, and how
was Eddie as a landlord? Did you ever have to call him to come out and fix
a leaky faucet, backed-up toilet or anything like that?
4. What hard rock/heavy metal band should give it up and call it a day?
5. Rate the following singers on a scale
of 1 to 10. 1 being somebody who sucks and 10 being a vocal God!
David Lee Roth =
Sammy Hagar =
Paul Stanley =
Rob Halford =
Phil Anselmo =
Elton John =
Ralph Saenz =
Bret Michaels =
Jani Lane =
Jon Bon Jovi =
6. Whats the big deal about Godsmack?
7. If you had to pick anybody, who would you pick to be the singer of Van Halen?
8. What do you remember about writing
or recording the following songs?
Kid Ego =
Play With Me =
More Than Words =
Suzi (Wants Her All Day What?) =
Color Me Blind =
Am I Ever Gonna Change =
Hip Today =
Without You =
My Utopia =
9. Look, everybody is getting together to do reunion tours. When is the Extreme reunion tour with Poison going to happen?
10. The last of Gary Cherone:
Last Broadway show you saw =
Last CD you purchased =
Last time you listened to the first Extreme CD =
Last time you talked to Nuno =
Last movie you saw =
Last time you talked to Eddie Van Halen =
Last book you read =
Last concert you attended =
Last hotel room you wrecked =
Last time you were drunk =
11. Who did the Van Halen brothers seem more annoyed with while you were in the band, Sammy or Dave?
12. Pick one of the following (and you must choose one):
a.) While travelling in Russia, you are
mistakenly arrested as a spy and tortured by the secret police. They eventually
realize their error and let you go, but only after they've inserted a glass
catheter all the way into your cock-hole and shattered it by dropping a brick
on your schlong, splintering the glass into millinons of tiny razor-sharp
b.) A pack of unsupervised cub scouts on a spelunking expedtion in some lesser-known complexes of Mammoth Cave are lost and never seen again. They do find food and water sources and they manage to survive, living long lives underground, but in complete darkness and they grow up in a subterrainean Lord of the Flies-type scenario. None of the cub scouts are related to you or anyone you know.
Which do you choose?
13. What rock star deserves a smack in the mouth and why?
14. When the Tribe Of Judah CD came out, did you hope it would sell CDs or were you just putting it out for shits and giggles?
15. Which do you prefer and why:
Oreos or Chips Ahoy =
Faith No More or Scatterbrain =
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure or Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey =
Stryper or Creed =
Boston Market or KFC =
Alice Cooper or Ozzy Osbourne =
One Day At A Time or Three's Company =
Marilyn Manson or Fred Durst =
World Wildlife Fund or World Wrestling Entertainment =
Unchained or Romeo Delight =
16. When did you know it was over for you in Van Halen? Was it the day Van Halen 3 was released?
17. Do you have enough money that you never have to work a day job again?
18. Yes or no, has Gary Cherone ever:
Worn a wrestling mask =
Been arrested =
Dug for clams =
Listened to a Slayer album =
Turned the radio channel when More Than Words came on =
Worn hair extensions =
Drank Cabo Wabo Tequilla =
Read David Lee Roths book Crazy From The Heat =
Stolen a shopping cart =
Tasted your own semen =
19. You share your birthday with Mick Jagger and Kevin Spacey, who are both rumored to have been with men over the years. What about yourself? Ever go to bat for the same team?
20. Time for Metal Sludges Word
Association. We mention a name and you give us your thoughts.
Sebastian Bach =
Steven Tyler =
Paul Geary =
Dweezil Zappa =
Mike Mangini =
Pat Badger =
Steve Ferlazzo =
Alex Van Halen =
Leo Mellace =
Freddie Mercury =
Nuno Bettencourt =