PUSSY LIST - BILL AUCOIN
This is probably the first time Bill Aucoin has been on any list with the word Pussy in it. Anyway, a band named Sixty-10 came to us and wanted to do 20 Questions with us. They worked with Chip Z'Nuff in the past and their CD is reviewed on the site. We said we'd only do 20 Questions with them if they get us Bill Aucoin, who was working with them at the time. They asked Bill if he would do it, he said to send over the questions, and we sent them off. Well, needless to say Bill backed out and wouldn't do it, so thus no 20 Questions with Bill or Sixty-10. These questions aren't even that bad but rumor has it Bill is a little sensitive when it comes to answering questions about Kiss.
1. What are you currently up to? This is your only chance to promote your projects.
2. You were Kiss' first manager. When you see Gene on TV selling Kiss Koffins, Kiss Condoms, Kiss Credit Cards, and everything else under the sun, do you feel responsible?
3. What hard rock/heavy metal band should give it up and call it a day?
4. You've managed Kiss, Billy Idol, and Billy Squire. So how do you end up with Sixty-10? Were you feeling generous that day?
5. Rank the following band managers on
a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being a chimp who couldn't manage a flea circus, and
10 being the ultimate band manager.
Doc McGhee =
Simon Napier-Bell =
Kit Lambert =
Shep Gordon =
Tim Collins =
Peter Grant =
Sharon Osbourne =
Don Arden =
Ed Leffler =
Obi Steinman =
6. A few years ago there were rumors that you were working with Enuff Z'Nuff. What exactly did you do for them and was that true?
7. What are your thoughts about Tommy Thayer wearing Ace's makeup and Eric Singer wearing Peter's?
8. What are the 3 pieces of advice you'd give an unsigned band on getting a record deal?
9. You are credited as a co-producer of the 1972 film "Oh! Calcutta!," which was critically acclaimed and based on the controversial off-Broadway musical comedy. Being that you must know a little about film, what's your honest opinion of a gem like "Detroit Rock City?"
10. The Last of Bill Auccoin.
Last rock star you had dinner with =
Last time you cashed a check from KISS =
Last famous person you shook hands with =
Last theatrical production you attended =
Last celebrity you had dinner with =
Last time you talked to Billy Idol =
Last time you changed a tire =
Last CD you purchased =
Last Kiss convention you spoke at =
Last movie you saw =
11. You once passed on signing Van Halen because you didn't "see any commercial potential." That ended up being a mistake, huh?
12. Other than Van Halen, were there any other bands you missed out on signing?
13. Don't you think a live album should be live and not re-recorded in the studio? Otherwise, what's the point of a live album?
14. What rock star deserves a smack in the mouth and why?
15. Yes or No, has Bill Aucoin ever done
Gone skydiving =
Driven a go cart =
Wrestled an alligator =
Looked through a Playboy and thought, "I'd like to bang her" =
Visited Anton Fig on the set of The Late Show =
Bailed Ace Frehley out of jail =
Taken a vacation in Key West =
Sang a song from a Broadway play for Karaoke =
Been arrested =
Helped Paul Stanley buy a wig =
16. Do you ever get creeped out by the people at KISS conventions? Don't some of them seem to be missing a few chromosomes?
17. What was a bigger career thrill for you, working with Kiss or working with Jimmy Thrill & Rattlesnake Shake?
18. Are there any major acts today that you wished you had a hand in managing?
19. Back in the day, you put together
a band called Virgin, which was said to be a rock 'n roll Backstreet Boys,
and Gene Simmons was set to produce it. However, he ended up pulling out of
it because he thought the band just wasn't good enough. What was so terrible
about Virgin that Gene couldn't see it through, because he's managed to produce
his own share of crap over the years.
20. It's has been heavily rumored that you are gay man, not that there is anything wrong with that. If this is true, what does your Gaydar say about Paul Stanley?
20. Time for Metal Sludge's Word Association.
We mention a name and you give us your thoughts.
Sebastian Bach =
Chip Z'Nuff =
Billy Idol =
David Lee Roth =
Doc McGhee =
Howard Marks =
Bob Ezrin =
Steve Stevens =
Billy Squier =
Eddie Wenrick =
Tommy Thayer =
Sean Delaney =