Dario Lorina Debut Solo Album Hits The Streets Via Shrapnel Records!
Congrats to Dario for this awesome achievement.
For anyone keeping score Metal Sludge has shown some love to Dario for years. We did a feature 20 Questions with Dario back in may 2009. We even rocked him in our eXposed section when he was a kid. Oh wait, he kinda still is, but we mean, like a grade schooler. Anyway, Dario has done some good things in his young life thus far and we hope he continues on this path!
Enough of our babble, check out the press release below about Dario’s debut solo release!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Dario Lorina Debut Album set to Release on Shrapnel Records on September 10th
Touring for over a span of seven years since age sixteen, first with late Warrant singer Jani Lane and in more recent years with Lizzy Borden, metal guitar virtuoso Dario Lorina delivers his first solo recording. Growing up listening to guitarists such as Randy Rhoads, Paul Gilbert, George Lynch and Van Halen, Dario’s music harkens back to the glory days of high caliber shred guitar, the genre of which Shrapnel Records was a founding force.
Dario Lorina’s debut solo CD reveals a guitarist brimming with extreme musical ability. This guitarist brings more diverse influences into play than the average neo-classical riff monger. While technically proficient like all of the label’s guitar instrumentalists, Dario’s CD isn’t just about shredding. It’s an American guitar instrumental album having more in common with riffs reminiscent of Paul Gilbert, George Lynch and Van Halen than the European influence of guitarists such as Yngwie Malmsteen.
Dario’s debut CD is a powerful all-instrumental CD drenched in attitude-filled guitar work, backed by a thundering hard rock rhythm section.
Points of Interest
• Phil Campbell from Motorhead had this to say, “I think Dario Lorina is one Amazing guitar player! Having known him for many years, he never ceases to amaze me every time we hang out and jam! He blew me away when he played with us in Vegas. A true talent and an amazingly nice guy”.
• Boasting thirteen phenomenal new instrumental tracks, Dario proves why he is considered by many of his peers to be a true guitarist’s guitarist.
• Dario Lorina has remained in the public eye through heavy touring, first with Jani Lane and later with Lizzy Borden with whom he continues to perform.
• Dario has been featured in Guitar Player Magazine and Europe’s Guitare Xtreme Magazine.
• Dario was featured in the Music Star Productions All Star DVD (2008) with George Lynch, Bruce Kulick, Jennifer Batten as “Next Generation of Rock Guitar”.
• Dario has his own signature guitar model with LAG Guitars, founded in 1980 and headquartered in Bédarieux, France.
1. Demon Rum
2. Pipe Dreams
3. My Heroine
6. Feels Good
7. House of The Rising Sun
10. Words Unspoken
13. Amor Odium
Here is a personal message from Dario himself as posted on his official Facebook.
It’s with much excitement and anticipation for me to announce that back in April I signed with Shrapnel Records, pioneers of heavy metal guitar players, and on Tuesday (September 10th, 2013) my debut solo record will be released.
This has been something I’ve worked diligently towards and I’d like to thank you all sincerely and wholeheartedly for your continued support!
Pre-order online at Amazon, iTunes, Best Buy
Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dario-Lorina-CD/1680093.p?id=2743167&skuId=1680093#tab=overview