10?s with Lost Boyzz guitarist Michael Tafoya.
Michael Tafoya of Lost Boyzz, no relation to Randy O’s Lostboys!
10?S W/ Lost Boyzz guitarist Mike Tafoya
1. Who are the Lost Boyzz, who’s in the band & what are the short and long term goals of the project?
The Lost Boyzz consist I, Mike Tafoya: guitars, vocals; Chris McCoy: Drums, vocals: and Brad Barrett: Bass, vocals (our new member). Short term goal is to keep getting better and tighter, Long term goal is to gain enough momentum to keep the ball rolling plus make more and better recordings to release and be heard!
Holy fuck! This is almost before amplifiers muchless pre-mtv!
2. Some of you guys were in different bands or came from other projects. What have you done that the fans need to know about?
I was the guitarist for the Boyzz ( on Epic/ Cleveland Int’l Records) through the mid to late 70’s. We toured or played with the likes of Rush, Aerosmith, U.F.O., R.E.O., Judas Priest, J.Geils band, Trapeze and other assorted rock acts from the 70’s. The start of the 80’s I was guitarist for the B’zz (Epic records) which featured Tommy Holland (Holland) on vocals and Steve Riley (W.A.S.P., L.A. Guns) and Dave Angel (Bass) and Tony Hall (keys) of the Boyzz.
The B’zz in 1982 with Steve Riley (LA Guns) top right.
3. Is there any direct or indirect relation to the movie Lost Boys or Randy O’s (from ODIN) former band Lostboys?
4. What hard rock/heavy metal band should be dropped from their label so Lost Boyzz can take their place?
Any shallow talent band who thinks buzz and screech are all it takes to make a musical statement. Mind you, I like a good Buzz and screech as much as anybody. I still prefer and good band doing it.
Let’s see, what do we have here. A promo for the Jerry Seinfeld movie "B-Movie", the first ever CHiPs photo shoot and a random shot of Alaska in late spring?
5. Spelling your band name with a Z is pretty 80s, i.e.: Tigertailz, Wild Boyz, and so on. So why in the FUCK would you spell the name with 2 Z’s?
I was in the BoyZZ and the B’ZZ so…..
The B’zz R to L Dave Angel (bass/vocals) Anatoly halinkovich (now Tony Hall / keys, guitar, vocals) Steve Riley (Drums), Tommy Holland (vocals, guitar) Mike Tafoya (Guitar, vocals) front; Tom Lounges
6. The band is based out of Illinois, what are 3 good things and 3 bad things about your neck of the woods?
1. The White Sox 2. The Bears 3. The Blues
7. If Lost Boyzz could tour with any 3 bands from the 80s, who would it be and why?
1. White Snake, The music’s great and timeless. 2. Judas Priest, the Boyzz played with them in the late 70’s and early 80’s. 3. Motley Crew, Well . why not?
Chris the drummer. Actually, he looks like he should be the bands accountant.
8. Out of all the national acts you guys have opened for, who was the coolest, and which band were the biggest dicks you’ve ever met?
Aerosmith, UFO, we’re real cool. REO Speedwagon were being dicks.
Opening for those "dicks" REO Speedwagon in 1977.
9. What is the largest and smallest crowd you’ve ever performed in front of with Lost Boyzz?
Largest Chicago’s Soldier Field, the smallest Cain’s Ballroom in Tulsa, Ok. 1o paid and Pat Benatar we were told had 12. LOL
10. Metal Sludge rate a band 1-10. Then tell us why they rule or suck!
Guns n’ Roses = 1
Avenged Sevenfold =
Slaughter = 8
Five Finger Death Punch =
Skid Row = 4
Buckcherry = 3
Cinderella = 2
Enuff Z’nuff =5 I never thought of them as heavy metal!
I don’t know the other’s and.
1976. Holy Shit – Lynard Skynard was all still alive. This shit is old.
11. Bonus Round: Talk some shit and vent on anyone you care to. Music related is always good.
I don’t have the time to talk about the loads of shitty people I’ve met. Maybe if we have some drinks and are in a party mood I’ll go nonstop! Don’t forget the agents who don’t like music, just money.