Big ratings for Bret Michaels & Vh1′s "Rock of Love"
VH1’S “ROCK OF LOVE WITH BRET MICHAELS” FINALE ROCKS A 4.0 RATING AS THE NETWORK POSTS ITS 21st CONSECUTIVE QUARTER OF GROWTH
“Rock of Love With Bret Michaels” Attracts 5.4 Million Total Viewers and Takes Top Spot As the #1 Program on Cable On Sunday, September 30
VH1’s Total Viewers in Primetime During 3rd Quarter Jump 25% Year-Over-Year T
NEW YORK, October 2, 2007 – VH1, a unit of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA: B), has ended its 21st consecutive quarter of growth among total viewers with a bang. Sunday night’s (9/30) 9:00 PM finale of “Rock of Love with Bret Michaels,” earned a 4.0 in the key 18-49 demo, the second highest rated telecast in VH1 history.
The episode in which Poison frontman Bret Michaels chose Jess averaged 4.1 million viewers in the demo and attracted 5.4 million total viewers. The final episode was the #1 program on cable for the night, as well as the #1 non-sports program on cable for the week. In addition, the finale ranked as the #3 non-sports telecast on ad-supported cable for the entire year-to-date among P18-49 viewers.
Overall, VH1’s primetime rating for the quarter in the key 18-49 demo averaged a .5, up +25% from last quarter and a +25% increase over the same time period last year. “Rock of Love with Bret Michaels” joins four other series – “Scott Baio is 45…And Single,” “Hogan Knows Best,” “Pick-Up Artist” and “What Perez Sez” – in the growing list of VH1 original programming with more than 1 million total viewers this quarter.
For the quarter VH1 ranks #3 among basic cable networks on Sunday nights for viewers 18-49.
* Throughout the quarter, “Rock of Love with Bret Michaels” averaged a 1.4 P18-49 demo rating and consistently ranked among the top programs on all of cable on Sundays. Overall, the series averaged 2.1 million total viewers.
* In its 4th season, “Hogan Knows Best” averaged a 1.2 P18-49 rating for the quarter – the show’s highest rated season ever. It averaged 1.8 million total viewers.
* “Scott Baio is 45…and Single” averaged a .9 P18-49 rating with 1.0 million viewers in the demo, ranking it among the top 10 programs in its time period on all of basic cable. Overall, the series averaged 1.3 million total viewers.
* “The Pick-Up Artist” took Monday nights by storm. The show averaged a .8 P18-49 rating, +80% higher than the network’s primetime quarter-to-date average. The series averaged 1.2 million total viewers.
VH1 has also seen significant growth across all of it platforms. Year-to-date, average monthly video streams on VH1.com have increased 43%. In fact, “Rock of Love” was the most popular show throughout the quarter on VH1.com. On Sunday 9/30 and Monday 10/1 alone, video streams of "Rock of Love" on VH1.com reached close to 1 million. Additionally, on Monday 10/1, the effects of "Rock of Love" were seen across VH1.com, as daily unique visitors to the VH1 Blog surged nearly 192% from the day before (the top 3 most-viewed posts were "Rock of Love"-related) and daily uniques to VH1.com’s new photo hub, where ‘Rock of Love" content was highlighted nearly doubled — with growth of 99% — versus the previous day.
VH1 connects viewers to the music, artists and pop culture that matter to them most with series, specials, live, events, exclusive online content and public affairs initiatives. VH1 is available in 90 million households in the U.S. VH1 also has an array of digital services including VH1 Classic and VH1 Soul. Connect with VH1 at www.VH1.com.
VH1 is a registered trademark of MTV Networks, a unit of Viacom International Inc. MTV Networks also operates and offers joint ventures, licensing agreements and syndication deals whereby its programming can be seen worldwide.
* analysis includes ratings through Sunday, September 30, 2007.
* all data from Nielsen Media Research.
Rock of Sludge