SLUDGEAHOLIC OF THE MONTH
Mark was the winner of the MSX Tour raffle and ended up winning the drum kit that was used during the tour! See, people really do win at Metal Sludge! As part of his prize, he is this month’s Sludgeaholic Of The Month.
Congratulations to Mark for winning the drum kit and being our S.O.T.M.!
1. Where are you from and how old are you?
I’m originally from a pit in central hellinois called danville, then I went to school in Pittsburgh for a couple of years for special make-up effects for film, then moved to the wonderful land of Jersey I’ll be celebrating my 22nd birthday for the 5th time next month
2. Ambitions: to get a job in either film or music, at this point I’m not picky but at the moment I’m leaning more towards music, the only problem is I don’t know enough people here to start a band so I’m recording and mixing stuff on my pc, the drums were the only thing that I needed to complete my band of myself
3. Turn-ons: redheads, accents, goth girls, girls in Metal Slut shirts or panties, brainy girls
4. Turn-offs: weird smells, girls that don’t take care of themselves, room temperature IQ’s,
5. How long have you been coming to Metal Sludge?
since Dave Mustaine’s 23 questions, I’ve checked the site 3-4 times a day ever since, I’ve read almost every article on the site because I have no life
6. Favorite bands: Megadeth, Anthrax (c’mon Frankie, send back the 20 questions already!), Iron Maiden, Slayer, S.O.D., Metal Shop, Bad News, GWAR, White Zombie, Therapy?, The Misfits, KISS with Ace, Pantera up until their last good album-Far Beyond Driven
7. Least favorite bands: the nu-metal stuff, the money hungry sons of bitches that metallica turned into (doesn’t anybody realize that St. Anger is a steaming pile of shit??? how the hell did that go platinum yet Anthrax who put out the best metal album in the past 15 years haven’t gotten the attention they deserve??), Rob Zombie, KISS with pseudoAce
8. What do you do for a living?
I hate my job, I’d rather not go into it anymore than that so I’ll make stuff up to make my life sound more exciting. At the age of 5 I started being a professional hitman, I made a pretty good living doing that until I turned 10 and bought the album "Among the Living" at that point I had found a new goal in life, to be in Anthrax, I tried and tried at that goal, and then, when they finally kicked Joey out I thought I would have my chance, little did I know that they already had John Bush in line for that position so I had to try harder. Then I put heat coils in dan spitz guitar so that when he would pick it up it would burn his hands, about the time that it got him good, my car broke down and I couldn’t drive out for auditions. Needless to say, I was bummed and have never fulfilled that goal, but one day… one day soon I will succeed at getting Rob out of the band for me to replace him
9. You won the MSX Tour Drum Set. Was buying that $5 raffle ticket the best $5 you ever spent?
yes, but now Megadeth has broken up and I can’t audition for them when Dave fires Jimmy, so now I owe Sam Ash music a lot of money for different supplies that I’ve bought for it, I almost didn’t even go to the show that night because I couldn’t get anybody to go with me, I even thought about kidnapping someone, but I decided against that due to the repercussions of the law, but I decided that it was my duty as a Sludgeaholic to go, I had a great time and I can’t wait til the show next year. I also got free tickets to see Twisted Sister later in the week from the jackass that had C.C. Banana jumped, he gave them to me just before he did that, if I had seen him afterwards, that would have been a whole different story, you don’t mess with the Banana
10. Has winning the MSX Tour Drum Set helped you get laid at all?
sadly, no, most of the girls I’ve told about it just ask "who’s that?" when I tell them of the "legends" that have used it. I’ll say "Pretty Boy Floyd. you know, the band that stole Bastard Boy Floyd’s name" then they just look at me with a confused look and say "you’re weird" and walk off, but winning the Metal Slut panties when Jim Bob Dwarf and CC Banana were doing the Sludge trivia did
11. If you could have dinner with any 5 people, live or dead, who would you pick?
Dave Mustaine, Scott Ian, Nick Menza (just so we could talk about UFO’s), CC Banana, Bela Lugosi
12. Were you a drummer before you won the MSX drum set?
yes and no. I never had my own kit, but when we had our band back in Hellinois, our drummers (yeah, we were worse than Spinal Tap with drummers) would always leave their kits at my place so when we weren’t practicing, I’d hop behind the kit, crank some tunes through the PA system and teach myself how to play
13. If you could hook up with any Sludgette Of The Month, who would it be?
that’s a tough decision, but I’m going to have to go with the December 2001 team of Brittany and Starla
14. Most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done: Move halfway across the country on a whim to a place where I only know one person, I know 4 people here now, but there’s a hell of a lot more to do
15. How do you feel about being our November 2003 Sludgeaholic Of The Month?
this is the proudest moment of my life, I think this may even be better than winning the kit, as soon as I’m done with the questions I’m going to call all of my friends all over the country and let them know
16. Personal Motto: if you’re not having fun at what you’re doing, find something that is fun then do that, anything else will just lead to misery
Be dangerous, and unpredictable… and make a lot of noise
if at first they don’t like you, be really weird and freak the hell out of them
Congratulations once again to Mark and happy drumming!