SLUDGEAHOLIC OF THE MONTH
We got the following email from this month’s Sludgeaholic Of The Month:
I was hoping this might make me a candidate for your Sludgeaholic of the month.
My wife gave birth to our son March 24th. Before going to the Hospital I threw on my Sludge
shirt ( with her permission of course.) I sport it all over town, Mall, work & of course every show I go to but I have never seen one in the maternity ward. This picture was taken about two minutes after he was born. I hope this is Sludge worthy & gets him & I to be the first Father-Son Sludgeaholic of the month.
Hoping for our fifteen minutes of fame.
Chris Clark (Father)
Cullen Clark (Son)
Now if that isn’t a Sludgeaholic, we don’t know what is! Since this month is Father’s Day we thought Chris and Cullen would be the perfect choice.
Congratulations to Chris for being our June 2003 Sludgaeholic Of The Month!
1. Where are you from and how old are you?
Born in Dayton, Ohio but raised & still live in the Tampa Bay area. I’m currently 413 months old. By the time you get this my son will be 2 months old.
2. Ambitions: None any more. Dude! I’m Sludgeaholic of the month! Well, if I had to pick another it would be to raise a healthy, not too dysfunctional family.
3. Turn-ons: Blondes, A nice ass in a pair of Levi’s, well groomed feet, freckled cleavage. ??????
4. Turn-offs: Bad cell phone manners, Pop Music, Canadian drivers, (Deal with them every Winter.)
5. How long have you been coming to Metal Sludge?
Since 2001. I read about your site in Rolling Stone Magazine. They had an article about what’s cool? what’s not? RS was down with the Sludge. I think you were on the same page as Tenacious D. Speaking of, how about a 20 questions with Jack Black or Kyle Gass? TD is the Cleveland
6. Favorite bands: VAN HALEN (More Roth than Hagar of course), Scorpions, AC/DC, Ozzy, Dio, Motley Crue, Ratt, Dokken, Poison, Tesla, Guns N’ Roses, The Cult, Whitesnake, Skid Row, Metallica, Sound Garden, Alice in Chains, White Zombie, Stone Temple Pilots, Rage Against the Machine, Disturbed, Queens of the Stone Age & recently a friend of mine turned me on to Suicidal Tendencies / Infectious Grooves. Better late than never. (Thanks Matt!)
7. Least favorite bands: Any Pop Punk band, Van Halen 3, Creed, Warrant.
8. What do you do for a living?
I’m a Production Designer for Allen Industries Inc. http://www.allenindustries.com
9. When your son grows up and looks at the first photos of himself, he’s going to see his father in a Metal Sludge shirt. How do you plan on describing Metal Sludge to your son?
Don’t take everything in life so serious, Have fun and ALWAYS ROCK!!!!
10. Does your wife share your enthusiasm for our wonderful page?
No, but she’s very supportive of my shenanigans.
11. Did you actually help your wife give birth and watch the whole thing or were you out in the lobby reading Metal Sludge at the time?
The hospital was very supportive of our family. They let my Sister in law & my three kids stay &
watch my son come into this world. My 7 yr old son said something funny before his little brother was born. He said, "I can’t wait until my brother gets here. I wonder what color he’s going to be, white or black?" And after he was born somebody asked him what color he was and he said, "He’s white, well actually he’s purple."
12. Activities I do to relax: Camping, hunting, & going to as many concerts I can.
13. How long did it take for you to get in your wives pants?
Three weeks. I went to her apartment for dinner and I never left. That was ten years ago. I love her more now than ever.
14. If you could have dinner with any 5 people, live or dead, who would you pick?
Sitting Bull, Wyatt Earp, John Lennon, Bob Marley, And my father. Hopefully it would be a long dinner with smokes and more conversation after dessert.
15. How do you feel being our June 2003 Sludgeaholic Of The Month?
STOKED! Plus I get into the MSX show for free when you roll into Tampa.
16. Personal Motto: Life is hard, get used to it. (My wife hates that one.)
Thanks a lot guy’s. I feel like I’m one step closer to fulfilling all my dreams in life. Thanks to all the musicians out there (Even you Jani) you’ve helped me in life more than you could know.
See ya in July.
Congratulations to Chris and Collen for being our Father & Son Sludgeaholics Of The Month!