SLUDGEAHOLIC OF THE MONTH
Rob Hicks, also known as Blackie Van Pearcy, is a long time and very dedicated Sludgeaholic. In fact, he won 3 of our recent Ebay Auctions! In fact, he won Paul Gargano’s never sent Christmas card. Now that’s hardcore and shows us that Rob is a natural choice to be our Sludgeaholic Of The Month for August 2002! Congratulations!!
1. Where are you from and how old are you?
I am 16 years younger than Gene Simmons, 7 years younger than Nikki Sixx, and not quite old enough to be Britney’s dad. You do the math. Born in Decatur, GA, raised in San Diego, CA and reside near Orlando, FLA.
2. Ambitions: To be first in line at TicketMaster for the Sound Barrier / Lixx Array Reunion World Tour. Other than that, finishing my ’32 Ford Roadster and racing Rob Zombie for pink slips.
3. Turn-ons: Fresh Sushi, Power Naps, Roller Coasters, XM Radio (Boneyard ROCKS!), fan friendly rock-stars, and METAL!
4. Turn-offs: Girls who say "like" every other word while flipping their hair, Eminem clones (hey idiots, pull up your pants, turn you hat around, quit talking like you are from the ‘hoody, quit driving momy and daddy’s Lexus and get a job!), Sushi with an expiration date, rock stars who treat fans like crap, ClearChannel radio stations, Record Companies (and they wonder why the recording industry is in trouble- idiots), MTV you suck! People on the Pussy List. Girls who 3 kids later try and squeeze themselves into the spandex they wore to Bon Jovi in ’87. Pam Anderson..ever notice when her name is out of the news for 10 seconds she says or does something to make sure it gets back in? Give it up already!
with Judas Priest’s Glenn Tipton
5. How long have you been coming to Metal Sludge?
AH I remember the date well.. 5/11/99..Nikki Sixx 20 Questions. I haven’t been the same since. I’m usually good for two hits a day.
6. Favorite bands: Motley Crue, U.F.O., Cheap Trick, KISS (’75-’78, ’96-’97), Judas Priest, Jackyl, Dokken (when they have at least 3 original members), Y&T, Zepplin, Primal Fear (you gotta check these guys out!), original Van Halen, Scorpions, Angel (Punky Meadows where are you?), Tesla, early Spread Eagle, early Shotgun Messiah, early Roxy Blue. Lynch Mob (minus Smoke This).
7. Least favorite bands: Anyone who has a "lil" in front of their name, rock-rappers, Nu Metal (also known as The Next Generation of Where Are They Now? stars)
8. What do you do for a living?
Assist people through the application and appeals process for Social Security Disability Benefits. No I don’t work for Social Security, no I don’t help old people, yes I wear a suit and tie to work. (Sorry Nikki, I know how much you hate people in suits..you have made a few coments abut how they make you want to throw-up.)
9. You actually won our Ebay Auction for Paul Gargano’s Christmas Card! How does that make you feel?
Pathetically satisfied yet lusting for more.
10. If you could have dinner with any 5 people, live or dead, who would you pick?
I prefer my dinner guest to be living, but that’s just me. I haven’t seen a good fight in a while so..
Donna D’Errico/Sam Maloney
11. When was the last time you got laid?
Nosey aren’t we? 48 hours ago. Want to see any pics?
12. If you could date any of our Sludgettes Of The Month, who would you pick?
It was a close call but Wendy June gets the money shot for sending in a topless photo!
13. When not reading Metal Sludge, I most likely can be found: Bitterly thumbing through old Metal Edge and Circus magazines wondering how it all went so terribly wrong. Pulling out my hair trying to figure out why Slik Toxic didn’t include Rachelle’s Breathing on their full length CD. Talk about your all time career suicide moves!
with Cinderella’s Tom Keifer
16. Personal Motto: Show me yours and I’ll show you mine.
Keep up the great work! Plenty of balls yet to be busted!
Congratulations to Rob for being our August 2002 Sludgeaholic Of The Month!!14. Please describe the best concert you ever saw?
Tough one..Motley Crue at Magic Mountain prior to Shout at The Devil coming out. Simply amazing. Played Hotter Than Hell which as you know went on to be Louder Than Hell on Theater. Also played Running Wild In The Night. Tommy’s arms looked like they were coming out of their sockets he was going so crazy. Mick had red smoke come out of his amp during his solo. Vince actually sang the words..well kinda!
15. How does if feel being our Sludgeaholic Of The Month for July 2002?
Being in any exclusive club (except the Hair Club) is prett damn exciting!