SLUDGEAHOLIC OF THE MONTH
This month’s Sludgeaholic Of The Month is a somewhat frequent Capture contributor. He captured Nikki Sixx, Uncle Kracker, and all of Megadeth. It’s Kevin Mitchell!
1. Where are you from?
Ann Arbor, MI.
2. Ambitions: To be the best husband and father I can be, and to be successful in my career. I’m long past wanting to play lead guitar in a world famous band or play third base for the Detroit Tigers, so I’ll keep it simple….and boring.
3. Turn-ons: My wife, intelligence, large firm breasts (no plastic), lingerie (preferably white), Fall (the season), B.C. Rich guitars, Red Wings hockey, cold Coors Light in cans, my DVD player, double live albums, Jennifer Lopez, and Dolly Parton. Yee-ha!
4. Turn-offs: Can’t think of a one. Oh wait….I saw a woman wearing a T-shirt that said "I love to fart" the other day. I didn’t like that.
Oh…and my new minivan.
5. What do you do for a living?
I’m a buyer for an international retailer.
6. Any formal education?
Yes. I graduated with a telecommunications degree from Eastern Michigan University with the intention of becoming a professional disc jockey. I knew I’d made a mistake when I realized halfway through my last semester that 90% of all radio "personalities" are assholes who know nothing about music.
7. Favorite bands: KISS (my all-time fave, although they need to fucking quit…and fast), Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Cheap Trick, Alice Cooper,
Faith No More, Helmet, Scorpions, Catherine Wheel, Led Zeppelin, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Helloween, Corrosion of Conformity, Megadeth, Deep Purple, Steve Earle, the Misfits, Johnny Cash, the Replacements, Van Halen (with Dave), Anthrax (with John), Motley Crue, Kid Rock, In Flames, Beastie Boys, Sevendust, Dream Theater, Shadows Fall, Pantera, the Cars, Pink Floyd, the Ramones…and on & on…..
8. Least favorite bands: Anything remotely hippie-ish (the Dead, Phish, Widespread Panic, Dave Matthews Band etc.), Barenaked Ladies, Matchbox 20, Pearl Jam, Creedence Clearwater Revival (I get a lot of flack for this one, but I’m sticking to it), American Hi-Fi, Mudvayne, Fuel, 3 Doors Down, Nickelback.
9. How long have you been coming to Metal Sludge?
About a year and a 1/2 or so…
10. When not reading Metal Sludge, I can most likely be found: At work…reading Metal Sludge. Honestly, hanging out with my wife and kids.
11. When was the last time you got laid?
12. My favorite way to let loose: Go to shows, get together and jam with some buddies, play softball.
13. If you could have sex with any of the Sludgettes Of The Month, who would it be?
Shit, I’d do ‘em all if I were single. Preferably at the same time. Except Emy…she’s too young.
14. What do you look for in a chick?
Everything that my wife is…am I a softy or what? She really is the greatest thing to ever happen to a guy like me.
15. How do you feel being our Sludgeaholic Of The Month for October 2001?
Awesome. My hard work has FINALLY paid off. But I’ll never quit trying to attain new captures. I’m determined to get someone with a bounty on their head.
16. Personal Motto: "If you’re lucky enough to get what you want, shut the fuck up." – Paul Stanley
Congratulations to Kevin for being our Sludgeaholic Of The Month!