SLUDGEAHOLIC OF THE MONTH -
For you old school Sludgeaholics, you might know Mike as Mike #9. He actually did 9 Questions with us back in early January 1999 after he hooked us up with a John Corabi interview. He also runs www.johncorabi.com and is a hardcore Sludgeaholic. He’s also our Sludgeaholic Of The Month for March 2001!
1. Where are you from?
I am from Dayton, Ohio. Hardly known for anything I can think of to mention anyone would give a shit about. The good rock clubs closed a while ago, it’s boring.
2. Ambitions: Well, winning this award was one of them, so that much is covered. Other things would be to keep moving up in life. Make money, buy a house, things like that. I’d like to become a concert promoter so I could book Creed to open up a death metal festival in Germany. Then the fans could rush the stage and takethose motherfuckers out of the music business.
3. Turn-ons: My girlfriend, good music and loud concerts, and of course Britney Spears videos.
4. Turn-offs: People who diss Metal Sludge, liars, anything with the word CREED in it.
5. What do you do for a living?
I work for a publishing company at night, during the day I sleep. Sounds like fun don’t it?
6. Any formal education?
Yeah, made it through high school and college somehow. I never really gave a fuck about either, but made it anyway.
7. Favorite bands: Iced Earth, Cradle Of Filth, Motley Crue, Kiss, Union, Nevermore, Hardcore Superstar, Buckcherry, Enuff Z Nuff, Warrant, Marilyn Manson, Jack Off Jill, Immortal, Slayer, Marvelous 3, LA Guns, American Pearl, Sublime, The Donnas, Poison, Millenia, Temple Of Misery, Anno Daemonicus, Lots more, but you get the idea.
8. Least favorite bands: Creed is easily first, they just need to hang it up now. I keep hoping more members of Creed will bail. But they’re going to pull the "We’re moving on as a 3 piece." which means "Let’s add a studio player with no say which equals more money for us.". Worked for Bon Jovi. Other than Creed, I can’t take much more of Shitbox 20, Fuel, or Kid Rock.
9. How long have you been coming to Metal Sludge?
Pretty much since the old site started up. So i’ve been following the Sludge for a while.
10. You run johncorabi.com. Why?
Well, Ty (Co-Webmaster) and I don’t have a manufactured response for this. John Corabi is my favorite singer, so I bought the site. Ty and I do what we want to the site. We’ve made some good friends through the page which is cool too. At the least it’s a good spot for people to talk about John or whatever they want to.Since it isn’t an "Official" site, there is only so much that we do with it. The people who do visit, seem to like it. That’s good enough for me and Ty. We’re not out to win over the World. If you like it, keep visiting, if not go somewhere else.
11. People think I’m…. An asshole. Why, I don’t know, but I don’t care either. The price you pay when you don’t kiss certain people’s asses I guess. A lot of people started the diss on me over the Brent Fitz interview, but fuck those people. Those are the people who said I should demand Metal Sludge remove the news about it. They email me that they’re taking their links to johncorabi.com off their websites, well go ahead. Ty and I don’t give a fuck what you do. We’re down with Sludge, so fuck off. What better spot to tell those people to fuck off than here! On the very page they hate!
12. Why are you holding a picture of Dale Earnhardt in the photo you sent us?
Well, Dale was my favorite driver, and has been since I was 5. So I figure i’d dedicate the SLUDGEAHOLIC OF THE MONTH to him in memory of his career. I know, not very Sludge of me, but too bad.For those living in complete darkness, Dale passed away at Daytona in an accident on the last lap this year. RIP #3.
13. When not reading Metal Sludge, I most likely can be found: Arguing with people about why they should be reading Metal Sludge.
14. When was the last time you got laid?
Couple of weeks ago.
15. How do you feel about winning Sludgeaholic Of The Month for March 2001?
This is the true Pinnacle of life for me. Thank you to Metal Sludge for giving me this award! There are millions of Sludgeaholics everywhere, glad I got chosen for such an honor.
16. Personal Motto: Don’t get so fucked that you can’t catch a bus back to fucked.
Congratulations to Mike for being out Sludgeaholic Of The Month for March 2001!