SLUDGETTE OF THE MONTH
This month’s Sludgette of the Month comes from the land of trailers, Enuff Z’Nuff and D’Molls — Blue Island, Illinois! Even though she lived in southeast Florida for a long time, she recently relocated to Blue Island. Why anyone would want to leave Florida for a shithole like that is beyond us, but don’t hold that against her! She’s an ageless beauty and is also well known to anyone who’s spent any amount of time on our Metal Sludge Gossip Boards. It’s the one and only ArielPlath! Let’s find out more about her! Ready? Good! Here she is.
1. Name and age: Judy Spear (aka ArielPlath) — age…. 43
2. Height: 5′ 8"
3. Weight: 135
4. Where are you from?
Currently from Blue Island, IL and NO I don’t live in a trailer – I have a 100 year old haunted house. I’ve spent most of my life in the Chicago area, but my heart is in South Florida where I lived for over 8 years until recently.
5. Ambitions: Go back to college (its never too late) to finish my Liberal Arts degree. Pay off all my bills – right now I’m about 6mos away from becoming debt free. Travel overseas – I’d really like to travel to England and Greece. Move some place where there’s no snow and the skies aren’t grey half the year. Be a Sludgette of the Month!
6. Turn-ons: Sunshine, hot weather, music, interesting conversation, good smelling men – especially if they can come off the stage all sweaty and still smell great, a good cup of coffee (okay, I’m addicted – its my only vice), oh – and how could I forget – chocolate! The way to my heart is definitely with chocolate – what can I say, I’m easy. Give me a Fannie May Trinidad and I’m happy!
7. Turn-offs: Smelly people – I can’t stand b.o., rudeness, public displays of drama, people who are "psychic vampires" – the kind that drop their doom & gloom anywhere and on anyone who will listen.
8. Favorite bands: I have very eclectic tastes in music. Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Dio, Black Label Society, Premonition, Iron Maiden, Queensryche, The Cult, Enuff Z’Nuff, Jewel, Kelly Clarkson Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, The Cure, Sisters of Mercy, Dying Fetus, October 31, Counting Crows, Gin Blossoms.
9. Least favorite bands: all that new rap metal shit, Korn, Limp Bizkit, anything that’s a yo’ing & a ho’ing, and that music people play on their car stereos with just the loud bass that vibrates the car windows – I hate that shit!
10. How long have you been coming to Metal Sludge?
About 5 years now – a friend turned me on to it. I’ll never forget the first time I went on the site – spent the whole night reading, laughing my ass off – once I went on the gossip boards that was it – I was addicted. Thanks for the hours of entertainment Metal Sludge!
11. Exactly what do you do for a living?
I’m a garbage counselor – LOL! Really though – I’m a Bid Coordinator for a major garbage hauler. I do the bids for the large National and Broker accounts in the Chicago area. I’ve been working there 9 years and was lucky enough to transfer with them from Florida to Chicago. I never thought garbage could be so interesting!
ArielPlath with King from October 31 and some guy from Malevolent Creation
12. What is up with your nickname "ArielPlath?" Where did that come from and what does it mean?
Its actually more in reference to Sylvia Plath’s book of "Ariel" poems rather than the Little Mermaid. Sylvia Plath was a writer who committed suicide by sticking her head in an oven. I do have a tattoo of Ariel – the Little Mermaid – on my shoulder though. I also wrote a paper in college about the Little Mermaid children’s tale and an Indian myth and how they both controlled female sexuality.
13. Don’t take this the wrong way, but how can you be as old as you are and yet still look the way you do? You seriously don’t look a day older than 24. Do you sleep in an oxygen tent or something? Or did you sell your soul a few decades ago? Tell us your secret so the rest of us can apply it before we get any older.
*blushes* I’m actually a vampire – lol! No seriously, I never want to get old and I guess that is the secret. I believe if you keep busy, always be open to new experiences, and lead an active life you will never get old. Age is a state of mind.
14. You just happen to be married to the one and only Tattoo Frank, whose band "Premonition" did 10 Questions with us on October 29th of last year. How long have you been together, and when and where did you guys hook up?
Frank and I have been together for about 11 years and married going on 8 years and we haven’t made an episode of Cops yet – even when we lived in Broward County. We first met at one of his gigs – I was standing with a couple friends and he came out of the dressing room and said "you are so sexy" – all I noticed were his eyes – didn’t even notice the tattoos at first. We were formally introduced a few months later at a local jam night. Frank was sitting at the bar drinking coffee and my friend told him I had a cappuccino machine – we exchanged phone numbers and the rest is history. The funny thing is a week before that I was telling my girlfriends all I wanted was a nice guy I could have an intelligent conversation with over a cup of coffee. And, what happens – Frank enters my life – kinda helps that he’s easy on the eyes too.
ArielPlath with Tattoo Frank and Zakk Wylde!
15. Yes or no, have you ever:
Worn a mermaid costume = nope, but maybe next year for Halloween – I always wanted to wear that tail!
Gone deep sea fishing = no, my vacations to Key West were more about transvestite watching
Rescued a drowning victim = no – we’d both drown!
Been to a ballet or opera = Gotta think about this, because I’ve seen a lot of plays, but don’t believe I’ve been to a ballet or opera – definitely would go if its a good one!
Thrown a television set off a hotel balcony = not yet, but I may have thrown some other things off balconies in my day.
Seen a member of Enuff Z’Nuff or D’Molls at the grocery store = I actually ran into Desi Rexx in the produce section at Dominicks one night! He asked my husband if he was in a band and if they’d want to do a gig. Funny thing – I use to shop at this grocery store when I lived in Florida and all the local band guys would shop in there – they’d be like – "weren’t you at my gig last night?"
Bought ice cream from bastard boy floyd’s ice cream truck = I think I actually did once – it was a chocolate dipped cone! Most of the ice cream trucks I see look like they’re selling crack though.
Fantasized about a guy in a wheelchair cot = could be interesting! There use to be this dude in a wheelchair I’d see at all the metal shows in Ft Lauderdale – he would get his friends to wheel him out into the mosh pit and all. I really admired him for that – out there rockin’ & all. You wouldn’t catch me in a mosh pit standing on my own two legs, let alone a wheelchair!
Gotten a tattoo on your toe = no, but I’d like to one of these days.
Lied about your age = I’m 25 right? No, actually I’ve never lied about my age.
16. The way to my heart is: music – good lyrics, and of course – coffee & chocolate!
17. How do you feel about being our May 2005 Sludgette of the Month?
I’m totally blown away – I’ve always wanted to be a Sludgette! You guys are awesome! MetalSludge rules!!!
18. Personal motto: I believe in karma – what you put out in life will come back to you, what comes around goes around.
ArielPlath at one of our Metal Sludge Extravaganzas with Tattoo Frank and our January 2002 SludgETTE of the Month!
Congratulations to ArielPlath on being our May 2005 Sludgette of the Month!