20 QUESTIONS WITH…
Danger Kitty’s (Metal Shop) Singer Michael Diamond
In honor of our Metal Sludge Extravaganza, we are doing 20 Questions this week with Danger Kitty lead singer Michael Diamond! They’ll be headling our party TOMORROW night, Wednesday the 27th, at Paladino’s in Tarzana, CA. This is a very special show because Danger Kitty doesn’t play out that often….ok, sure, they play out every Monday night at the Viper Room under the name Metal Shop, but that’s besides the point. Still, this is a huge concert event and you’re a jackass if you can’t make it.
So enjoy our 20 Questions with Michael Diamond as well as some old photos from Danger Kitty’s past.
1. What are you currently up to? This is your only chance to plug your projects.
Deciding what hair product I am going to sign with
2. What is Michael Diamond’s opinion on the state of rock today?
it’s fucked up dude, I hate bands that dont wear tight pants and have moves that rock on stage.
3. You guys were huge on the strip during 1983. Did you have any run-ins with Motley Crue or Ratt?
Yea they tried to kick us of the strip because we had a better stage show and lighting and flyers.
4. What hard rock/heavy metal band should give it up and call it a day?
None of them should. We need all the bands to come together and unite as team and bring back Metal, But they should go on diets and grow thier hair first before the mission can be completed, oh yea and write some hits so Meatlshop has some new songs to play
||5. Which do you prefer:
Selling hotdogs or washing cars = Chicks dig hot dogs
Rikki Rachett or Ginger Roxx = Ginger he is much nicer to me about my weight
Crack or heroin = Crack
Winger or Trixter = Winger/Chicks dig winger
The Whisky or The Viper Room = Viperoom
Vince Neil or Meatloaf = Vince Neil
Lipstick or eyeliner = Eyeliner
Leather or spandex = Spandex
Heaven or Every Rose Has Its Thorn = HeavenBlow jobs or rim jobs = Blow Jobs
6. Are you pissed off that Poison didn’t consider taking you guys out with them on the Glam, Slam, Metal Jam this year?
No actually we turned down all the summer tours because we first have to bring Metal back to L.A. where itstarted.. We are almost there.
7. What’s your opinion of the LA club scene?
Well we need some new Meatl Bands cause there is only one Us.
8. Have you ever seen the Atomic Punks, the Van Halen Tribute band and what are your thoughts on Tribute Bands?
I think the singer in that band should learn how to do the Kicks that David Lee Roth use to do..
9. Is it true that Metal Shop played with Fozzy on when you guys toured Japan in the mid 80s? Did you have any problems dealing with Moongoose McQueen?
Fozzy sucks! they ripped us off… they know we can’t do anthing about because they can kick our ass.
10. What do you remember about the following years:
1975 = Graduating College
1979 = Van Halen II is released
1983 = Played our first major tour
1987 = Opened up for Lixx Array at the Country club
1991 = Having to get a job
1995 = Getting unemployment
1999 = Getting hired to play the Viperoom every Monday night
11. What would we find on the Danger Kitty rider if we got our hands on it?
Candy beer cigs hotdogs ice playstation 2 mirrors
12. Has KISS ever considered suing you? They’ve sued everyone else and claim to own the right to everything under the sun. Please tell us KISS & Gene Simmons have no affiliation what so ever with the huge success we know as Danger Kitty?
Absolutly not… They keep asking us to add some Kiss songs to our set but we are not sure about that yet.
13. What rock star deserves a smack in the mouth and why?
Bono- for wearing baggy pants
14. Rikki Rachett claims to have written your biggest hit, "Love Rockett." Is there any truth to that?
No he did’nt write that Desmond Child wrote that with Dianne Warren and me.
15. You have tremendous energy on stage. So who is the laziest singer in rock today?
16. Name the 3 things Danger Kitty regrets the most?
Buying a tour bus. Buying my mansion. not writting again with Desmond and Dianne
17. Who’s the most overrated band today?
18. Other than Ginger Roxx, who has the worst wig in rock?
19. What advice would you give to an up and coming rock band?
Grow your hair unless your are balding, never comb your hair over your head.. Just get a wig and rock.. Learn how to play guitar solos as fast as you can, and alway write songs about gilrs.
20. Time for Metal Sludge’s Word Association. We mention a name and you give us your thoughts.
Riki Rachtman = Grow your hair
Poison = write us another hit to play
Pearl Jam = ended my carrer
White Lion = Get back togehter
Limp Bizkit = Leran how to scream
Ozzy Osbourne = Chief Rocker
Dee Snider = I wanna Rock
Korn = I can’t Rock I must be depressed and look at my inner child
Ginger Roxx = Chicks
Rikki Rachett = Speed
Ralph Saenz = Confused personality complex intoxication disorder