20 QUESTIONS WITH…
Chlorine Singer Mark Fain
This week we are talking to Mark Fain from Chlorine. Now some of you might not be familiar with Chlorine, but that’s your problem. They are a newer band and this is probably the highlight of their career!! After this, it’s all down hill. Libby from Metal Masters hooked us up with Mark, so before we go any further, stop by her page and make her happy.
Did you go to Metal Masters? Good. Now continue on with this week’s 20 Questions with Mark Fain.
1. What are you currently up to? This is your only chance to plug your websites, tours, CD, or other bullshit.
Coming down from touring, writing for the new record and getting ready to go to Japan. For all the latest info on the band, check out our website at http://wayout.virtualave.net
|2. Has anybody ever asked you for your autograph?
Everyday and I LOVE IT! Especially in our home town of Houston, where we have sold a lot of records.
3. Don’t you think Stephen Pearcy totally dicked over Ratt by leaving a week before their tour?
4. What hard rock/heavy metal band should give it up and call it a day?
5. Rate these singers on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being somebody who sounds like a flat tire going down a dirt road and 10 being a great singer.
Stephen Pearcy – Give him some Whiskey and it’s all 10′s
John Corabi – 11 Believe me, I’ve sang with John and he has got it, but what is up with all that Patchouli?
Vince Neil – 6
Jani Lane – Hum, not sure what to give him, but he is a really nice guy.
Phil Anselmo - 10 Love him and the new record
Jason McMaster – He has still got it
Joshua Todd – 11 Oh Yeah!
Phil Lewis – 5
Jizzy Pearl – Couldn’t tell you, but he is a smart Mother Fucker!
David Lee Roth – Can’t remember the last time I heard him sing, but back in the day I would of given him a 15.
Robin Zander – 20 He is my all time favorite! The Fucker can still sing like a bird!
|6. Why did your guitarist just leave? You guys just started getting some MTV play and the guy fucking bails? Is he a puss or something?
We still don’t think he even knows he left the band.
7. We did our homework on you and we found that in 2 different interviews you brought up going into McDonald’s and shooting everyone. Are you a very hostile person? Do you have some issues you need to address?
8. 2 Part Question: How much has the fattest chick you ever banged weighed and who bangs all the fat chicks in the band?
9. Don’t you think it’s time for Alice Cooper to hang it up?
Not in the least, he will always be the master!
10. Rate these chicks. 1 being a mess and 10 being a chick you’d like to bang.
Courtney Cox – 10
Mariah Carey – 10
Natalie Imbruglia – 1
Alicia Silverstone – 1
Courtney Love – Which one? The new or old?
Gwen Stefani – 10
Samantha Fox - 2
Shania Twain – 10
Laetitia Casta – Don’t know
Libby Riley - Don’t know what she looks like, but she gets a 10 in phone sex
11. Which rock star deserves a smack in the mouth and why?
Eddie Veddar. Because it is not so fucking hard on top. It’s a gift bitch. Stop your whining and be proud of what you have!
|12. What was the stupidest thing you ever did while either drunk or on drugs?
The fat chick.
13. 2 Part Question: Texas is known for its strip clubs, so what’s the most amount of money you’ve blown in one of those places, and have you ever banged a hooker before?
15. Which do you prefer?
Warrant or Poison = Poison
Beavis or Butthead = Butthead
Pot or Beer = Neither
Triumphs or Harleys = Triumphs
Playboy Playmates or Penthouse Pets = Penthouse Pets
Carson Daly or Adam Curry = Adam Curry
Dana Strum or Satan = Robin Zander
|16. What do you remember about the following years?
1984 = That was when I was just learning how to jerk off
1988 = Drugs, Booze, Sex
1991 = More Drugs, Booze and Sex
1994 = My mom died / Sobriety
1997 = My Dad Died
17. Who’s the most overrated band today?
18. You guys toured with Ratt last Fall. Did you know that Pearcy was going to bail back then? Did you see any fights or good shit like that?
19. According to SoundScan, for the week of March 8, 2000, you guys sold something like 32 CDs. Those are Pretty Boy Floyd numbers. Shit, Slaughter does better than that. How do you feel about that?
I don’t. That is 32 more chicks with my picture on their wall. Three bands, Aerosmith, Kiss, Cheap Trick, all of which had the same problem. Besides, we stopped working that record awhile ago. On to the next.
|20. Time for Metal Sludge’s Word Association. We give you a name and you give us your thoughts.
Steven Tyler = Genius
Cheap Trick = Amazing (The reason I play rock)
Tommy Lee = Greatest drummer ever
Fred Durst = Maybe he’ll sign me someday
Kevin DuBrow = Unbeweaveable
CC DeVille = Aggro (I want $5.00 of what he is on)
Korn = Great band
Kiss = The other reason I play rock
Kurt Cobain = Incredible, but very unfortunate. I’ve been in that head space before.
Lars Ulrich = No Comment
Slaughter = Nice Guys
For more info on Chlorine, you can go to http://wayout.virtualave.net.