20 QUESTIONS WITH…
Skid Row Guitarist Scotti Hill
Doesn’t Scotti looked thrilled? He sent us that exclusive photo of him eating! Only during our interviews will you see a guy in a towel eating a sandwich.
This is the third 20 Questions that we have done with a member of Skid Row. It’s our Metal Sludge Trilogy. A few months back we did a great 20 Questions with Dave "The Snake" Sabo. A few months before that we hit up new Skid Row singer Johnny Solinger. Now it’s Scotti Hill’s turn. Enjoy!
SCOTTI: Here ya go you sick bastards. Thanks for sending me 20 questions.
1. What are you currently up to? This is your only chance to plug your shit.
2. Snake gave us some really good examples of how Sebitchian was a pain in the ass. Do you have any stories you?d like to share?
3. What hard rock/heavy metal band should give it up and call it a day?
It?s not my place to make that call. If I don?t like it I don?t listen.
4. Rob Affuso recently said that you guys never called him to rejoin Skid Row and he considers the whole thing a farce. How do you respond to that? Is he just bitter or what?
I?d be bummin? too if I was sittin? home right now. I?ve chosen to leave the bands reasons for the split with Rob out of the public. I love the guy, but due to all the things he?s got going on in his life his playing has suffered. If you?re the drummer in this band then drumming comes first. As a friend I miss Rob and I hope our friendship survives all the bullshit.
|5. Rate the following guitarists on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being a sloppy mess and 10 being a virtuoso.
Scott Ian = 8
Richie Scarlet = 7
Ace Frehley = 6 to 8 (depending on the day)
CC DeVille = 6
Mick Mars = 8
Snake Sabo = 8
Kirk Hammett = 7
Slash = 8
Ted Nugent = 9
Zakk Wylde = 9
6. Has Johnny Solinger asked for your autograph yet?
7. Was there any rock star/celebrity that you really wanted to meet, and when you did you found them to be a dick?
Hasn?t happened yet. I would hate to have to kick my idol?s ass.
8. Lets not mince words, how much cash do you have left and what?s the biggest music related check you’ve ever received?
9. Who banged the most chicks during the Slave To The Grind tour and how many threesomes have you been a part of?
10. Rate the following chicks on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being a nightmare and 10 being a hottie.
Maria Bach = 6
Bobbie Brown = 6
Pamela Anderson = 8
Marcia Brady = 8 (from the movie)
Britney Spears = 8
Shannon Tweed = 6
Sarah Michelle Gellar = 9
Courtney Cox = 9
Mariah Carey = 5
Alicia Silverstone = 8
11. How hard did you laugh when you heard Sebastian was doing a Broadway play?
I didn?t laugh at all. I understand it totally. Isn?t he playing the part of the two-faced psychopathic monster? It makes perfect sense to me.
12. What rock star deserves a smack in the mouth and why?
13. What are your 3 best and 3 worst memories of Skid Row?
14. Sebitchian always got the traditional singer attention and Snake & Rachel got all the songwriting praise. Drummers are usually forgotten anyways, so did you feel like the Mick Mars of Skid Row or what?
Most of the time I avoid any attention. I?m good with the part I play in the band. It?s not that I don?t like people, I just don?t like to be around them. Besides I think Mick Mars rules!
15. Which do you prefer:
Motorcycles or dirtbikes = Dirtbikes
Throwing bottles at fans or wearing shirts insulting the gay community = Jumping off a bridge!
Nikki Sixx or Lars Ulrich = Nikki
Yankees or The Mets = Yankees
Dokken or Warrant = Dokken
Fred Durst or Jonathan Davis = Jonathan
Davis Doc McGee or Scott McGee = They are both great. It?s a draw.
Taxi Driver or Scarface = Scarface
A guy with 3 balls or a guy with 2 dicks = 3 of a kind always beats 2 of a kind.
16. Why do you think Sebitchian?s record has had such poor sales?
17. What do you remember about the following years?
18. Who’s the most overrated band today?
Commie Witch. Their debut "Self Inflicted Hand Job" was a disappointment.
19. Rumor has it that the reason why Skid Row got back together is because Doc McGee was owed a bunch of money. Any truth to that?
20. Time for Metal Sludge’s Word Association. We mention a name and you give us your thoughts.
So there you go! Sebitchian’s a pretty popular fella, huh?
All we need next is Rachel Bolan and that Charlie guy who plays drums, and we’ll have the whole series.
For more info on Skid Row, you can check out www.skidrowonline.com, which is where we ripped off some of the photos. The latest tour dates and other info can be found there.