20 QUESTIONS WITH…
Anthrax’s Scott Ian
This week’s 20 Questions is with Scott Ian. A month or so ago we asked Paul Crook, who was playing in Anthrax at the time, to do 20 Questions with us. Paul sent us back the following email:"Hi Jani, I love your site!!!!! I would love to answer anything you have for me! I’m laughing right now just thinking about it!!!!! I’m in Detroit on tour with ANTHRAX at the moment. I’m actually in the hotel with all the guys. Wait….. Let me call Scott Ian over…
I dig your site. I would love to do 20 questions sometime. I’ll rip everyone. And their mothers. Lets start evil. Love, The Jew"
The Jew of course being Scott. So we hooked up Scott with our 20 Questions and he sent them back with a quickness. We are still waiting on Paul to send his questions back, but that’s beside the point. Scott’s not only prompt, but he obviously has a good sense of humor and can totally hang with our questions. Check it out.
1. What are you currently up to? This is the only chance to plug your shit, so speak now.
SCOTT IAN: I’m in Vancouver on tour with Anthrax. The tour has been a lot of fun. The best shows so far were Milwaukee, and Chicago. House Of Blues in Vegas was cool. Packed shows. One plug, we would love to be on Ozz-fest.
|2. Joey Belladonna was scheduled to go back out with you guys for your latest tour, but then he flaked out. What was the real reason behind that and why is he such a bitch?
$$$$$. Money, money, money. He wanted more money than Metallica pays their tailor. If he would rather sit home than play to the Anthrax fans, that’s his decision. Sharp as a marble. In the immortal words of Tony Soprano, "he’s dead to me now".
3. Don?t you think Kiss is played out?
4. What hard rock/heavy metal band should give it up and call it a day?
Kiss. Please just stop. As your biggest fan, I beg of thee......
5. Rate the following guitarists on a scale of 1 to 10.
Paul Crook = 8
7. You guys kind of started the whole rap/rock thing. Do you guys feel responsible and somewhat to blame for the whole Limp Bizkit scene?
8. Pick one of the following:
9. A few years ago we heard that you and your wife let each other date anyone they want to outside of the marriage. Is that still in effect and how many chicks are you banging on tour? And doesn?t it bother you your old lady might be getting the bone from some other dude while you are out touring?
We are separated and live our own lives. I know that's not nearly as titillating as the other situation.
10. Ok, rate the following chicks on a scale of 1 to 10.
Kelly Bundy = 8
11. You’ve had a shaved head for a while now. It?s now become a cool trendy thing to do. Did you do it to:
A. Start a metal trend
B. Spite hair bands like Posion Warrant, etc..
C. Because you were balding anyway
C. Definitely C. There is nothing worse than guys trying to salvage their once flowing manes. Quit it. Don’t be scared. Stop holding on to something that is falling out in your hands. It is trendy though. Does every band have to have a bald guy now? I get mistaken for the singer of that band Live frequently. I always act like a dick because they think it’s him.
PS Gillette Mach 3 razor and Kiehls shaving cream.
12. Do you have any plans on breaking into any other baseball teams Spring Training camps and stealing anything else? Maybe a pitcher?s mound or some bases?
Fuck no. I'm a Yankee fan. All other teams can eat their shit.
13. Back in the day Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax all seemed to be sort of a movement of heavier music. Obviously we know who made all the cash. You guys got the short end of the stick as far as success goes. What are your old and newest opinions of these 80s metal bands?
Metallica = Love everything from Kill'em All to the Black album. After that, I'm still waiting. Make a heavy record! The tour for Load was great. I haven't heard the orchestra thing. Liked the B-sides record and tour. I heard they played Trapped Under Ice on tour recently. This is a good sign. Saw Kirk and Lars last night. Had fun. Great guys. I love Kirk.
14. Anthrax appeared on "Married with Children". Did you wanna bang Kelly Bundy as bad as every other guy in America did and what did they treat you like?
They had a scene in the script where I got to go upstairs with her. Even though it was "make-believe", I was stoked. She was supposed to take my hand and lead me upstairs to her bedroom to "bang", but at some point in rehearsals the scene got taken out. She thought it made Kelly to slutty! Oh well, I always have my vivid imagination. They treated us great. All very friendly. Ed O'Neill was a great guy and would give us "acting" tips. It was a good week.
15. Give us your opinion of these 80s bands who played a bit of a lighter shade of rock than you guys
Poison = Lame.
Warrant = Lamer.
Motley Crue = Great rock band.
Slaughter = Lamest.
Skid Row = Great rock band.
Trixter = Lamerest.
Guns N’ Roses = Fuckin’ great rock band. I am wearing a promo jacket for their live record as I write this. The rulers.
Faster Pussycat = Lame.
L.A. Guns = OK rock band.
16. How come you guys never let Paul Crook be a member of the band?
17. What rock star deserves to be put on a boat, sent into the ocean, and blown up?
18. Do you think you would have had more success if you were of normal height?
Five foot seven isn’t normal? Besides, it’s not the height, it’s the width.
19. Who is more of a bitch and why, Joey Belladonna or Dan Spitz?
Dan. He’s smart.
20. Time For Metal Sludge’s Word Association. We mention a name and you give us your thoughts.
Howard Stern – My hero, mentor and savior.
So there you go! That was a pretty metal 20 Questions! We dig Anthrax and all their shit, but keep that on the downlow cause we don’t want people to think we’re really nice guys.
Most of the photos we used were ruthlessly ripped off from www.anthrax.com. Go check out their site for more pictures, plus all the latest news and info on Anthrax and their various projects.
Our 20 Questions with Paul Crook will hopefully be up sometime in April.